Library officials and local dignitaries kick-off events with a ribbon cutting ceremony at the Grand Re- Opening Celebration of the West Oaks Branch Library and Genealogy Center. Members of the public were invited to “Fall in Love with Genealogy” and to join the celebration, which was followed with enjoyable and educational events. The Genealogy Collection was a 1923 gift of Captain Charles Albertson, an avid genealogist. In 1929, the Library became the official repository of the Florida State Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution. The collection now contains more than 25,000 books and bound periodicals, 10,000 microfiche and over 15,000 reels of microfilm.